Picture this; in your soul. A hammock, your favourite book, fresh coconut water and a slice of love. Yup. Exactly what this loaf did to my being. It. Was. Divine.
Being my first proper time giving baking a go, I’m extremely chuffed with the turn out. It involved hardly any work from myself apart from prepping the ingredients which proved very therapeutic.
Let’s just get to it because the above intro was more than enough. Okay Aj, share it already!
Also listed are ingredients you are able to substitute/ optional if you haven’t got what I have used for this recipe.
1 1/2 Cup Spelt Flour (Approximately 250g, If you don’t have this to hand you can use Whole Wheat Flour)
1/2 Oat Flour/ Almond Flour ( Ground the oats in a coffee bean blender or dry blender)
3/4 Cup Pecans ( Walnuts would be great too)
3 Pitted Medjool ( If you don’t have these, use unprocessed unsweetened raisins)
1 Ripe Banana
1/4 Tspn Pink Himalayan Sea Salt ( Regular sea salt will do too)
1 1/2 tsp Baking Soada
1 Cup Golden Turmeric Milk ( View the Recipe here babes)
1 tsp Vanilla Extract
1 tsp Coconut Oil
3 tsps of Aduna Cacao Powder
For the Icing:
Handful of Cashew Nuts
2 Pitted Medjool dates
1- 2 tsp Water
- Preheat the oven to 170ºC ( FYI-If you have a regular oven preheat it to 200ºC but because I have a fan oven, it uses a heat from a large fan so its spread out evenly if that makes sense and the baking process is a lot quicker. So I usually lower the heat so it doesn’t burn the edges)
- While the oven is doing its thing, add all the dry ingredients (Spelt flour, oat flour, pecans, the spices, baking soda, pink himalayan salt). Mix them all well and make sure the pecans are coated nicely with the flour too. This ensures that they don’t sink to the bottom once you add the wet ingredients.
- Now for the wet ingredients. Chop up the plantains, ripe bananas, medjool dates. Add them into a blender along with the golden milk + Aduna Cacao powder and blend till smooth.
- Add the wet ingredients to the dry mixture. Mix well.
- Grease & line your 1lb loaf tin (400g) with coconut oil so the batter once baked does not stick to the sides.
- Bake for 30 minutes
- Allow it to cool down for about 5-10 minutes and serve with your favourite fruits or top with a sprinkle of Aduna’s Cacao powder
I made some cashew + date icing. Simply by throwing in 2 dates and a handful of cashews into a blender along with 1tsp of water. Blend until smooth, spread and refrigerate.
You can have this straight away and its even more yummy the next day with the gooey ripe bananas in them. Hmmmmmm.This was my first proper bake and I am so happy with it. I’m already lining up recipes and visualising Juno’s school bake sales ha ha.
Hope you give this one a go. Let me know what you thought of this recipe. I am always looking to better my blogging skills and content, so please feel free to give me some feedback.