Aah man what an awesome day its been. I spent about two hours skipping with my parti which is always such a blessing man. Making time for them is one of my favourite things to do, because they are hilarious and so curious too. They want to know about everything! Which is the cutest.
We shared recipes, discussed travel plans and how amazing it is that we now have packaged coconut water! Definitely taking her a box of Vita Coco for her to try. Pretty precious man. Moments like that are priceless.
I don’t know about you guys, but when I spend even a few moments communicating with my grand parents, I am literally filled with this mad energy and smile like I’m in love. Awwwww, I know!
Because I spent my morning chilling with them and working on my branding for the Golden Milk I am selling at the moment, I am totally pressed for time and lunch is looking like a 15 minute quick tings.
Last week, I hosted a little party for the hubby and made these Chilli Potato Bites which went down so well, I have actually made these thrice this week already.
So if you guys are looking for the easiest party/ pot luck recipe. This is it man. So let’s get into it. The portion I made the other day serves two.
1 Kg Baby Potatoes Diced into bite sizes
3-4 Garlic cloves chopped
5-6 Thyme Sprigs
1 Teaspoon Cumin Powder
1 Teaspoon Cayenne Pepper
1 Teaspoon Cracked Black Pepper
1 Teaspoon Dry Red Chilli Flakes
1 Cup Lemon Juice
Pink Himalayan Salt to taste
- Preheat the oven to 220C / 420F while prepping the marinade for the potatoes
- For the marinade, Add all the ingredients into a mixing bowl and stir gently so all the potatoes are well coated.
- Leave the potatoes to marinade for about 5 minutes
- In an oven proof dish, chuck it all in and bake for about 15-20 minutes
- Check on then every 10 minutes and give them a gentle stir so the potatoes don’t get stuck to the dish.
- Once done, squeeze some lemon juice,sprinkle a dash of Cayenne Pepper and thyme over the top
Literally thats it. It’s one of those side dishes that will make you come back for more. They are extremely addictive and perfect for sticker them in wraps, salads and even pasta!
I hope my recipes are inspiring and you guys do give them a go. I am always being inspired and agreed some of my recipes may be a little too adventurous, but that is honestly me. I am not afraid to experiment and realistically hand on heart, I don’t play it safe in the kitchen. Ha ha!
So you shouldn’t either. Grab those veggies you aren’t comfortable with, play with spices and herbs. Get creating a beautiful mess.